Membership and activities of Climbing Club Pori
Climbing Club ry is a sports club dedicated to promoting climbing in the region of Pori. The most visible part of our activities to general public is the maintenance of the bouldering cave, Nega. Everyone can come and climb there for small fee during the public opening hours. Members of the Club can climb at Nega whenever they want, after paying the admission fee. You can join the club by sending an email to email@example.com or by contacting the supervisor during public opening hours at Nega. Membership fees are listed further below.
During summer season (approximately from April to October) we have active group of outdoor enthusiasts. The activities are bouldering nearby and sometimes in more distant crags, and sport and trad climbing where the nearest crags are at Tampere region, Säkylä, and Kustavi. The Club organizes outdoor climbing trips for its members. The Club owns crashpads which the members can borrow for short-term use. We also organise occasional social events. Climbing Club Pori is member of the Finnish Climbing Association, who has several benefits for its members.
Membership fees for 2019:
- Adults: 64 € / year
- Children (up to 18 year): 58 € / year
- Membership is valid for a calendar year
Members can obtain admission for the bouldering cave. You will get your own key for the cave, and can climb whenever you want, excluding occasional group events which are marked on our calender. Admission fee for the cave is 240 €/year, or 30 €/month.
- Possibility to boulder at Nega whenever you want (separate fee)
- Possibility to participate in organized climbing trips in Finland (bouldering, sport and trad climbing outdoors)
- Possibility to borrow equipment eg. pads for outdoor bouldering
- Information channels on Facebook and WhatsApp
- Like-minded company for indoor and outdoor adventures
- Sports insurance negotiated by Finnish Climbing Association
- The magazine Kiipeily (in Finnish), published bi-annually
Karjalankatu 12, 28100 Pori.